up2date

Barry Yu barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 14 06:00:58 UTC 2004

Dwaine Castle wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I just completed the 2.6.6-1.427 kernel update using the up2date utility.
>After I rebooted, everything seems to be running fine except for the
>kernel-doc update.  Kernel-doc was in the list of update items(still is),
>but it didn't get updated.  The up2date icon is signaling that I have an
>update available, but when I launch it it tells me that my system is
>current.
>
>I've got a /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.5 subdirectory, but nothing for
>kernel-doc-2.6.6.
>
>Can anybody tell me what is wrong and how to fix it?
>
>Thanks.
>Dwaine

I got the same last night, it looks like a bug of the update, I download
the kernel-doc-2.6.6-1.427noarch.rpm and manually installed it (rpm -ivh
kernel-doc-2.6.6-1.427noarch.rpm), finally everything is back to normal.
You can download it from :    limestone.uoregon.edu/fedora/updates/2/i386
Good luck.