Nautilus - changing user/owner

Pepebuho pepebuho at pananet.com
Mon Jun 14 01:12:00 UTC 2004

Hi

If I have a group of files with the same user/owner, how can I change the
user/owner to a different one as a group?

I was doing some root maintenance and ended with several user files with
root as an owner. I could change the user/owner individually for each file
from Nautilus, but I could not select the proper files and do a group
change. This is odd.

I know this probably is in the manual but I do not  know even where to start
searching or what terms I could use for such a search.

Please, I know that it is probably more efficient to do it from a terminal
using chown, but given the fact that I was in GUI mode I'd rather stick to
the GUI way (yes, I usually keep a terminal window open to bypass the GUI
when it gets in the way, but in my own personal opinion, a GUI should not
"get in the way".)

Thanks

Javier