Dial-up connection multiple connections?

srb srb at softhome.net
Mon Jun 14 13:02:55 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm using Fedora Core 2 with a USR 56k internal PCI hardware modem.
Everything in Linux works great, however, is there a setting somewhere that
controls number of connections for PPP? For instance if I am downloading a
file, I cannot browse to a new website or check my e-mail until the download
is finished (I get a timeout error if I try). Whereas in M$ windows, you can
have more than one connection at a time (I think 4 is the max default for
dial-up modems), allowing you to still do these things (albeit slower :-)).
Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions, or is this just impossible in
Linux??

Thanks for any help!

- - s r b - -
/mnt/this!