VMware problem with prelink

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Mon Jun 14 14:19:09 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 14:22, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

> Does prelink -u on the VMWare binary help as well?

I get this:

# prelink -u /usr/bin/vmware
prelink: "/usr/bin/vmware" is not an ELF file

Unfortunately I have no idea what that means.

> If so, blacklisting it in /etc/prelink.conf could be a workaround
> (-b /foo/bar/bin/vmware).

Do you know if it is sufficient to blacklist just /usr/bin/vmware, or
would you have to blacklist all of the kernel modules and libraries that
VMware installs?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com