Can I share a modem with a windows machine?

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 15 09:07:45 UTC 2004

Peter Boy wrote:
> Am Di, den 15.06.2004 schrieb A.J. Bonnema um 10:35:
>
>>How can I share a modem with a windows machine?
>

> In terms of a locally available remote resource (to establish a point to
> point connection between your windows machine and a target) you are out
> of luck, as to my knowledge.

I hope I understand you here. I want to use the modem connected to my
linux machine, from a different windows machine (which has no modem).
You are saying that is not possible?

My thinking was, the modem presents a serial interface, just like a
keyboard or a mouse. So probably it shouldn't be too difficult to
realize a connection (or is it?).

Does anyone know if this has ever been tried?

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)