changing bootloaders in FC2

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 13:04:34 UTC 2004

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-guide/ch-software-raid.html

> > > You have to make use of Linux software RAID. And see
> > >
> > > http://www.dirigo.net/tuxTips/avoidingProblems/GrubMdMbr.php
> > >
> > > for having grub on both RAID1 drives. (The link was posted today here on
> > > the list by Christopher K. Johnson.)
> > >
> > > Alexander
> ----
> dude - you just got a complete analysis of the problem, links to the
> solution to your problem, by one of the best people on this message
> base.
>
> Regardless of the fact that you think you have hardware raid - to ANY
> Linux, it is not hardware raid because if it were true hardware raid, it
> would only appear as a single system device. Windows plays along with
> the notion that what you have is hardware raid but it's only a wolf in
> sheep's clothing.
>
> If you were to search the archives, you will find this topic repeatedly
> on the various versions of redhat archives but the answer doesn't
> change.
>
> Craig

So, the *only* solution is to set up software RAID? I looked at the following
and it does seem to suggest that my "low-end" ADAPTEC 1200 device is listed
under hardware RAID.

http://www.linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html

Am I misunderstanding, or is it something else? Please advise.

Best wishes!