no sound after upgrade to FC2

Ken Chamberlain ken.chamberlain at utoronto.ca
Tue Jun 15 17:32:42 UTC 2004

I have upgraded this machine from FC1 to FC2.  I tore out the ALSA
installed with FC1 and replaced with FC2's ALSA (a lower level).  I have
yet to see any fixes for my sound issues (apart from compiling ALSA from
the source which I don't see as a FC2 fix).  When I run
system-config-soundcard I get:

system-config-soundcard says:
The following audio device was detected.
Vendor: Intl Corp.
Model: 82801DB (ICH4) AC'97 Audio Controller
Module: snd-intel8x0

Play test sound issues:
amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory
amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory
sox: Can't open output file '/dev/dsp': No such device
-8

Any ideas?  I'd like to show sound works at work before trying to get
sound working at home.  I know what the issue is at home.  ISA sound
cards are not supported in FC2.  I need a new card!

--
Ken Chamberlain <ken.chamberlain at utoronto.ca>
University of Toronto