New User | Greetings | Questions

Carnal Ortega carnalort at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 09:55:40 UTC 2004

New User:
I'm new to this Fedora. I am currently downloading the 4 iso's and will
be attempting my first install shortly. I'm going into this confident
because I have skimmed some documentation. I am more used to the old
all-purpose Red Hat Linux of the past but I know one must be a cameleon
in linux or I will become old and bitter.

Greetings:

Hi! My name is Carnal Ortega and I hope to become a Fedora user but I am
not a programmer!

Questions:

I only have some legacy questions, please forgive if answered in past as
I no look at every post on list yet.

Is Fedora Core 2 the latest stable version?
When was Fedora Core 2 released?
Has rawhide been discontinued or merged with the Fedora project?
I'm installing on an xp system for dual boot. Will select to not install
a bootloader and instead go with booting from floppy disk. When I
upgrade a kernel, how do I update the disk?
What is difference between up2date and yum? Which should I use!
Is SELinux for Fedora another way of saying it's a hardened fedora? Is
it any more secure on the networking side of things or is focus
primarily on local? Is SELinux ready for users or only for developers?

I am installing on a laptop, wish me well!

That is all, FOR NOW!

Carnal