New User | Greetings | Questions

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 16 11:51:21 UTC 2004

On Jun 16, 2004 at 05:55, Carnal Ortega in a soothing rage wrote:
[...]
>Questions:
>
>I only have some legacy questions, please forgive if answered in past as
>I no look at every post on list yet.
>
>Is Fedora Core 2 the latest stable version?
In the Fedora Core series? Yes.

>When was Fedora Core 2 released?
Use google to find out.

>Has rawhide been discontinued or merged with the Fedora project?
No, rawhide is still around. It is synonymous with the development
version of Fedora

>I'm installing on an xp system for dual boot.
Oh oh, they have been problems with this. See the archives
for a solution.

>Will select to not install
>a bootloader and instead go with booting from floppy disk.
If you can install lilo or grub on the floppy fine. The
kernel will not fit on a floppy.

>When I upgrade a kernel, how do I update the disk?
Good question. I am not sure how grub handles this.
With lilo, just install a new copy to the floppy from
Linux.

>What is difference between up2date and yum? Which should I use!
Up2date can use both yum and apt repos. Not sure about yum.
Use one, use both. The decision is yours. I would configure
both to use the same repos and go with the one I am comfortable
with.

N.Emile...
There are no games on this system.
 07:44:20  up 5 days,  1:17,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00