Unable to boot into FC2

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Wed Jun 16 12:36:57 UTC 2004

On Jun 16, 2004 at 07:42, Carnal Ortega in a soothing rage wrote:

>I successfully installed FC2 on /dev/hda2 but I selected no bootloader
>during the installation because I wanted to boot using a floppy instead
>of altering my MBR which is used by XP. I was never prompted to make a
>bootdisk during the FC2 installation so I'm not sure how to access it. I
>booted with FC2 Disc #1 and typed "linux rescue", chroot /mnt/sysimage/
>then ran mkbootdisk --device /dev/fd0 kernel-version.
>
>When I reboot with the floppy it gives me a boot: prompt but errors
>after I type "linux" with this message:
>
>Boot Failed: Please change disks and press a key to continue.
>
>How do I boot into FC2?
You know it does help to read the release notes and the list
archives. It has been mentioned time and time again. The 2.6
series kernel does not fit on a floppy. If you really want to
use a floppy, install either grub or lilo to the floppy.

N.Emile...
Q:	How many Zen masters does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A:	None.  The Universe spins the bulb, and the Zen master stays out
	of the way.
 08:34:55  up 5 days,  2:08,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00