wireless pcmcia

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jun 16 13:44:14 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 09:26, Nejc Novak wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a Linksys WPC54G PCMCIA card. This card supports 802.11g and b
> standard. I can't get it working. I've pluged it in my laptop but dmesg
> doesn't show anything. Anyone has this card or do you have any advice?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> Nejc

I have one of those cards but have not tried to get it working under
linux yet.

Recommendation is to figure out which chip set the card has.  Different
versions of the same model card used different chip sets you need to get
that figured out first.  Check out the linksys web site and do some
google searches.  Should be able to find that out fairly easily.

Then look for a project that supports that chip set.  I did that for a
Dlink DWL-G650 card and found the prism54 project which had drivers that
worked under linux.

You might be able to get the ndiswrapper stuff to work with it as well.
That project takes the windows drivers and gets then to work under
linux.

I may have time this weekend to work on the WPC54G card.  Been wanting
to get it working so I have spare.  Also want to see if it shows up
differently than the DWL-G650 card in the network configuration tools
under linux.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>