User configuring iptables

maynard at kopano.uct.ac.za maynard at kopano.uct.ac.za
Wed Jun 16 14:23:42 UTC 2004

Is there any way that a user can tell iptables to allow a user to specify
additional ports to block other than the ones in the 'root' iptables
configuration. I do not know if there are security implications in this, but all
that iptables would have to do was to look for further disallows in the current
user's config directory, maybe under ~/.iptables/

If this is possible coud someone please tell me how to achieve it or something
similar.

I am trying to run firestarter as a user level application, i.e,. without
needing the root password everytime I run it.

Maynard