Suspend/sleep/hibernate on Dell i8200 with FC2

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Wed Jun 16 21:22:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 21:39, D. D. Brierton wrote:

> I guess I could just try shutting the lid and seeing what happens!

Well *something* happened, but not what I was expecting. The machine
didn't suspend -- the PCMCIA Wi-Fi card remained on and I could see
network activity from the little flashing green activity indicator, I
could hear some disk activity, and the fan remained on. However, the
screen did blank, and when I opened the lid again it was a bit of a
struggle to get it to come on again (had to hit CRT/LCD a couple of
times, and ctrl-alt-F1 ctrl-alt-F7). When it did come on there was some
unpleasant flickering. As I was unsure of what other things the ACPI lid
event might have done I ended up rebooting.

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com