How to use kernel-2.6.6-1.435.src.rpm

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Thu Jun 17 05:26:14 UTC 2004

I dont understand kernel-2.6.6-1.435.src.rpm.

There appear to be a bunch of config files, a bunch of patches
possibly for versions 2.4.0 thru 2.6.7, a couple of compressed
patches, and probably the compressed tar of 2.6.6

I can untar the source, but do I then apply the patches one
by one?  Considering the naming convention that doesnt seem
likely.  I would have expected  script or instructions in
there somewhere explaining what to do with this to get the
435 sources.

Worst case I guess I can build from just the 2.6.6 or 2.6.7
sources, but I wanted to try 435.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com