custom X cursor question...

Charlie Lesh clesh76 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 17 11:21:41 UTC 2004

Hey:

I wanted to change the default cursor for X.
I downloaded the cursor theme I like from
http://jimmac.musichall.cz/download.php3?id=33
I created a directory '.icons' in my home directory.
I extracted the download there, and renamed it default.
I logged out, and logged back in.

OK, here is were its get weird. The custom cursor is working. Except in
mozilla. I mean, "IN" mozilla, because the custom cursor is seen until
the pointer actually crosses into the mozilla window, at which point it
reverts to the default bluecuve cursor. If I move the pointer out of the
window, or over the titlebar, the custom cursor is back.

What gives?

-charlie