Fedora Core 2 Update: kernel-2.6.6-1.435

Don Russell don at drussell.dnsalias.com
Thu Jun 17 16:31:34 UTC 2004

Ed K. said:
{snip]

> This is simpler then you show here. You can get the last update time from
> the modified header from the
> repository:
>
> $ telnet mirror.linux.duke.edu 80
> HEAD
> http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/headers/header.info
> HTTP/1.1
> ^D
>
> wget will return the header, but will also download the entire file...

OK, you convinced me. :-)
I'm going to work on this in my spare time... I'm just not sure how much
of that I have right now....

But, it's definately a "pet project" I'm interested in. (And I do have the
general experience to analyze, design, implement, debug, etc)

So, I just have a bit of reading to do to see HOW to do what I WANT...
that is is I know WHAT needs doing, I'm just fuzzy on the "HOW"... and
that's a nit, isn't it? ;-)

Thanks,
Don