FC2 Issues

Sean Estabrooks seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Thu Jun 17 21:29:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:27:24 -0500
akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:

> In someways what you say is true but RedHat offerers no more support to
> me with fedora that it offered on any other distribution. In fact what

It offers much less support with Fedora.

> happened is something I have said all along. You can not make money
> selling open software which you also give away. The truth is there is

Probably true, which is why RedHat is pursuing a business model of
selling premium service to customers who can afford it and value
it.

> a distribution of Linux called Centos which is RH Enterprise Linux
> fully free in binary and source form with out the proprietary extras.
> So actually I could afford RedHat Enterprise Linux without paying
> them. And get the support I have always gotten from user lists.-

Without commenting on using a RHEL clone i'll just say that at the
very least this is one more reason not to complain about Fedora.

Cheers,
Sea