Bittorrent for FC2? (FC1 version errors on line 7)

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 18 01:28:20 UTC 2004

Ted wrote:

> Now using Azureus and all works ok....
> Thanks for the help..

I finally decided to download the gzipped version from the below link

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bittorrent/BitTorrent-3.4.2.tar.gz?use_mirror=voxel

I then changed to the /BitTorrent-3.4.2 directory and launched the below
command to start the torrent. The untarred version worked fine on FC2.

./btdownloadcurses.py --max_upload_rate 350 --url
http://torrent.dulug.duke.edu/tettnang-binary-i386-iso.torrent

This verified to me that it works from source. I believe the FC1 version
is too old for packages included on FC2 upgraded systems anyway.

I have azurius source. I haven't tried out the program yet.

Jim