libpnm.so.9 and xplanet

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Fri Jun 18 14:03:07 UTC 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:22:20 -0700 (PDT), Globe Trotter wrote:

> I get the following: I am not sure what it means -- I am really confused
> because netpbm is installed.
>

> #   rpm -V $(rpm -qf $(which xplanet))
> package /usr/local/bin/xplanet is not installed
> package is is not installed
> package not is not installed
> package owned is not installed
> package by is not installed
> package any is not installed
> package package is not installed

That doesn't look like it's an xplanet package by Matthias Saou as I think
he would put xplanet into /usr/bin/xplanet. It looks like you have
installed xplanet from sourc code into /usr/local and /usr/local/bin is in
the executable search PATH before /usr/bin.

"rpm --query xplanet" would return the xplanet package that is installed.

Get rid of the offending files in /usr/local/... and re-install the
xplanet package which is advertized as being for FC2.

> #   rpm -V netpbm
> #
> (brings back the prompt)

Means package verification of this package was successful.

> What should I do?

Be more careful on choosing from where you install packages.