Problems with medium check for FC2 despite of proper checksum! HELP

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Fri Jun 18 19:04:35 UTC 2004

Quick Update:
I just tried the media check on yet another machine and finally found a
CD-ROM that would pass it.
No idea why all others had problems before. Like I said, I burned lots of
disks of the same spindle/burner/machine etc and never had problems reading
them on the machines that had problems now.

So at least I know that the downloads are ok. One step further...

I have used the ide=nodma, that's when I got the hwdata RPM error. But I
think I didn't do a media check with it. Maybe something I will try later,
just for kicks...
rpm2cpio reads that rpm file without problems btw and generates a 1MB cpio
file...

So I still don't know why this is this big of a mess suddenly, guess it's
just an unlucky bad second half of the week. After all it's not the only
thing that went wrong computerwise :(

Thanks for all the responses so far!

MARK