Problems with medium check for FC2 despite of proper checksum! HELP

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Jun 18 23:55:05 UTC 2004

Mark wrote:
> It looks like the "noapic" option in combination with "ide=nodma" fixes my
> problems.
> Thanks a lot!

Ah, HAH!  Ok, before this thread dies, what kind of motherboard are
you running and is it UP or SMP?  More info for the archives, don't
ya know!

P.S. I'll bet you don't need the "ide=nodma" anymore, either.  Just
the "noapic" (and you really won't notice the difference in speed
with "noapic"--you will with "ide=nodma").  If you really must use
a "nodma", you might try specifying exactly _which_ device can't use
DMA (e.g. "hdc=nodma") rather than turning it off for ALL IDE devices.

>>>Stupid question: how do  run the check?
>>>And what parameters do I need?
>>
>>Just boot the CD and at the "boot:" prompt, enter "memtest86"
>

> Thanks

-  Diplomacy: The art of saying "Nice doggy!" until you can find a   -
-                            big enough rock.                        -