Adding Linux distro to fstab

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Sat Jun 19 03:07:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 23:11 +0200, Peter Boy wrote:
> depends how you did SuSE. If you had a separate /boot partition which
> you eventually share with FC, you should copy the Fedora lines and ajust
> it accordingly.
>
> If your SuSE root partition includes the /boot directory and SuSE lilo
> is installed there, you may add:
> title SuSE 9.1
>         rootnoverify (hd0,0)
>         chainloader +1

Well, in retrospect, I think the problem is that a bootloader no longer
exists for SUSE.  It was on the MBR before I installed FC2 and overwrote
it.  What I should have done was install FC2 and installed it's
bootloader on its / partition.

Is there a way to get SUSE back now?

--
Cheers,
Trey

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers
exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here,
it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something
even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another which states that this has already happened."
-- Douglas Adams

Linux linux 2.6.5-17.14-default #1 Tue May 18 14:09:50 UTC 2004 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux