FC2 ext3 disc corruption with AACRAID? WAS: problem trying to upgrade to latest kernel (2.6.6-1.435smp)

rp at pitmon.com rp at pitmon.com
Mon Jun 21 04:02:39 UTC 2004

Hi,

I posted on this before, and no one responded, so I went on with my way, not
being able to upgrade the kernel.
see earlier post: disc i/o problem trying to upgrade to latest kernel
(2.6.6-1.435smp)

System: Dell 2450, dual P3 866, 1GB RAM, PERC 3/Si RAID, OS on a 2-disk hardware
mirror

Now I've been running FC2 for about a week, and yesterday I ran into the same
problem with one of my machines, with the 427 kernel.

I logged into the machine, did a dmesg, and got a bunch of these:

EXT3-fs error (device sda2) in start_transaction: Journal has aborted

Some googling turned up this post from June 3rd:
Filesystem corruption, data loss on usb drives, and more problems with FC2

and also this post from the kernel mailing list:
2.6.5-mm5-1 ACCRAID dies under heavy io load

I have seen this problem when trying to upgrade the kernel rpm on 3 different
2450's!

any ideas?

thx,

-ray