burner disappears after update kernel

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Mon Jun 21 13:40:20 UTC 2004

As shown by Anard's citation of FC2 releases notes, actually cdrecord
can be invoked this way:

cdrecord dev=/dev/hdd ....

That's the way my own backup BASH script invokes it everyday, and it
works. With FC 1, that script used the usual SCSI syntax (cdrecord
dev=0,1,0...), but when I installed FC 2, it stopped working, so, after
some hacking, it turned back to work using thie first syntax above.

But please note the lines in cdrecord's output about this naming
convention...

Best regards.