Installation problem

Mon Jun 21 17:42:43 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 09:53 -0400, jludwig wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 10:02, Arthur Foo wrote:
> > I have checked the MD5SUM for disc1 is ok before I
> I have seen some, especially older, cdrom drive that will crap out on
> long operations. Also memory issues (do a memtest) will cause problems.
>
> 1) Try another cdrom drive
> 2) Check your memory with memtest (on CD #1)

Had similar problems on one system.  A network (NFS in my case) install
worked around the problem.  Has been discussed frequently here in the
past. Would say search the list archive, but Red Hat list search seems
brain damaged/dead.  Gmane is somewhat better but seems to currently be
unresponsive from here. Google is your friend.

Phil