Movie Player

Skylar Thompson skylar at cs.earlham.edu
Mon Jun 21 18:19:24 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 09:03:52PM -0800, HARPER, WILLIAM  IT2 (SW/AW) wrote:
> I am new to the Linux world and I currently have Fedora Core 2 loaded and am
> trying to get my DVD player to work and I down loaded
> mplayer-1.0-33_pre4rhfc2.at.i386.rpm and am unable to get it to work.  Can
> someone tell me the installation procedures so I can get it to work or of
> another DVD player that will work.

I fine MPlayer (http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu) and Ogle
(http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~dvd/) suit my needs just fine. Between the
two of them, they've managed to play every movie (either on disk or DVD)
I've thrown at them. They run fine in both FreeBSD and Linux, which makes
me happy too. :)

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar at cs.earlham.edu)
-- http://www.cs.earlham.edu/~skylar/