Waht is up with mount?

Randy Ramsdell rramsdel at comcast.net
Mon Jun 21 22:54:21 UTC 2004

Mark Lanett wrote:

>Or you could just run fdisk and change the partition type to linux (82 or
>83, I forget which). That's undoubtably it.
>
>~mark

The partition has always been correct and is Linux (83).

But, this actually showed me what the problem is with mount and it never
even crossed my mind to check this.

The LABEL was left as  MSDOS on the drive, doh!

I should have caught this, because we all know shold know about labels
RH put in its fstab file. BTW, I always change RH's fstab labels with
the real partition names.

Thanks for all the tips.

RCR