VNC + sharing the same desktop

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jun 22 02:40:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 22:30, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> Guys,
>
> 	is there anyway to configure VNC to share the same desktop whenever I
> connect to the PC? The thing here is that, I'm trying to view a movie
> using the PC and I want to an external/another monitor. but since all I
> have is another laptop, I was thinking I can hook them up together via
> eth and VNC into the other and get a view of the desktop.
>
> However, this doesn't work, VNC by default creates a _new_ desktop for
> the new connection.
>
> Anyway around this? So that I can share desktop :0

Check on the realvnc site.  I think someone else indicated there was a
way to do what you want.

However, if you are trying to watch a movie via VNC I think you will
find the refresh rate will not be very satisfactory.  VNC is good for
some things but not stuff that has rapid changes in the display.

Try it by starting vnc then start the movie.  See if it has the refresh
rate that is acceptable or not.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

No wonder you're tired!  You understood so much today.