Rebuild php: An easier way?

Bert Buckley - Uniq Software/Systems bbuckley at uniqss.com
Tue Jun 22 17:47:48 UTC 2004

I am using FC1. The distributed version of php does not
include support for libmcrypt, so I want to rebuild php
--with-mcrypt.

However, I also need gd, jpeg, mysql, and png. So, in order
to rebuild php, I have to download, untar, configure, make and
install packages for php, lib png, lib jpeg, mysql, gd, freetype2,
at least.  I even have to reinstall apache, since apxs is needed
for the php build.

Yes, I can do this, but is there an easier way?  These packages
all come with FC1, but there is no source, and if I try to
configure and make php without these, various errors of the
sort 'can't find suchandsuch.h' will occur.

By the way, a public thanks to those of you out there who have
taken the time to answer other questions in the past, for me
and for others. It certainly is appreciated.

Am I missing something simple?

Thanks

Bert
Bert Buckley                   Uniq Software/Systems
Home/Work Telephone:           (250) 477 2570
EMail:                         bbuckley at uniqss.com