FC2 doubtful quality?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Jun 23 12:44:13 UTC 2004

Dexter Ang wrote:

> So I guess developers were "pressured" to release on a deadline, hoping
> to fix most bugs through updates. As much as I'd personally love to help
> test and test until all bugs are stamped out, you can't avoid the fact
> that a lot of other people simply won't test until a "final" release is
> out.

I'm not sure how typical I am,
but I haven't run any test releases because it has been said
that one cannot upgrade from a test release to a new FC release.

It would simply be too time-consuming for me
to re-install FC whenever a new release comes out.
Perhaps I'm not very well organised,
but I would have to go through dozens of config files
to see which need to be copied, and which updated.

So I would suggest to the Fedora administrators
that if it were possible to upgrade from test releases
there might be a lot more people willing to test.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366