Flame on Disk Druid

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Wed Jun 23 13:12:27 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 01:56:07PM +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I just installed Fedora-2 on a new machine,
> and found Disk Druid quite useless at partitioning the machine.
>
> I admit that the Windows partitioning was odd, to say the least.
> There was a 64GB NTFS first partition,
> while the second partition was "Windows 95 Extended"
> with a 4MB VFAT partition inside.
> The disk is 250GB, so this leaves a lot of space.
>
> First I opted for "automatic partitioning"
> but this bombed out with a rather useless error message,
> so I was forced to use Disk Druid.
> This simply refused to accept anything I suggested.
>
> So I put in a Knoppix CD, and partitioned with fdisk.
>
> I really wish the fdisk option was still offered
> as an alternative to Disk Druid.

It is offered but you have to know the trick. Just before you are
about to go to disk druid hit ALT-CTL-F1 (might be F2). This puts you
into a shell where you can run fdisk. Then I think one does
ALT-CTL-F7 and you are back in the anaconda.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.