DVD players (hardware)

Daniel Stonier snorri_dj at operamail.com
Wed Jun 23 14:25:59 UTC 2004

I've been having problems lately with my dvd player - seems to be locking
up frequently on dvd's in a movie and repetitiously
sitting in the one spot trying to read without success. Admittedly some of
the problems are due to dvd's with scratches, but it
seems to do it far more frequently now the player is getting a little aged.

Anyway, my question is this - how do you kill it? Only way I know of
currently is to reboot the computer. Killing the process
often doesn't work and if it does occasionally, the dvd hardware itself
still keeps beating itself senseless.

Regards,
Daniel.

email:snorri_dj at operamail.com