Tomcat + jdk

Gary Benson gbenson at redhat.com
Wed Jun 23 15:10:17 UTC 2004

PIGNOL, Christian wrote:
> Is really no way to run the tomcat4.1.27-13 (standard in FC2) with a
> specific JDK (J2SDK-1.4.2_01 for example) ?

Unfortunatly not: there are some problems with the bytecode that cause
the Sun/IBM bytecode verifiers to fail.  The ability to run Tomcat
using another JVM is on my todo list for FC3.

> I case of not, How can I do to remove all the components (Tomcat, gcj,
> xerces, etc ...) with the minimumof risk ?

If you "rpm -e redhat-java-rpm-scripts" and all that depends upon it
you will have a clean system upon which to install JPackage.

Gary