FC1: Enabling IPv6 in selective Interfaces

Audsin Dev devietf at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 19:53:56 UTC 2004

Hi

I am using FC1.

I wish to know how to enable IPv6 only on selective Interfaces. I have three
interfaces: wired Ethernet interface (eth0), Wireless Interace (eth1) and
loopback (l0)

I add NETWORKING_IPv6 =yes to /etc/sysconfig/network and IPV6INIT=yes to
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1. Then is restart the network
services by /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart. I find that IPv6 is enabled in
all the 3 interfaces (ifconfig output shows IPv6 link local address in all
the 3 interfaces).

However i need IPv6 in only one interface my( wirelss interface (eth1)). Can
any one please suggest me to enable IPv6 in only my eth1 (wireless
interface).

Regards
Dev