fc2 installer creates extended partitions with 0xf id instead of 0x5

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 23 21:09:31 UTC 2004

Mike Fedyk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm still trying to get my four drive sata system to boot, and I
> noticed  the $subject problem in my partition tables.
>
> Has anyone else seen this, or should I create a bugzilla report?
>
> Also, what's the established way of reporting bugs?  I'm used to the
> reportbug utility in debian that gathers info and makes a nice report
> for the developer.  Is there anything like this in fedora?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Under programming, there is a bug reporting tool called Bug Buddy 2.6.0.
This sounds like the tool that ximian and probably Debian uses. It gives
you several options for documentation, translation, broken applications,
missing features and even has an expert mode for debugging running or
crashed processes.

I'm not sure where the reports go to. I haven't used it on FC2 yet. I
believe that one program actually segfaulted and I submitted a bug
during the testing phase with it. I believe the report went to GNOME
developers.

Jim