screenshot of a tooltip

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Thu Jun 24 12:50:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 12:57, Nigel Tao wrote:
> I want to take a screenshot of an app that shows a tooltip, but when I
> press the PrntScrn key (or run gnome-panel-screenshot), it hides the
> mouse cursor, and the app then hides the tooltip.  (I am running Fedora
> Core 2 / Gnome 2.6).
>
> Does anyone know how to take a screenshot with the tooltip?

Try with The Gimp:

File -> Acquire -> Screen Shot ...
Grab the Whole Scree
Grab After 5 Seconds Delay
OK

then select the window and position the mouse so you get a tool tip.
It won't work if you select "Grab a Single Window" because technically
the tooltip is a different window to the window it "belongs" to.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com