FC2 to RH9

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 14:34:07 UTC 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:20:49 -0300, Ted Gervais <ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca> wrote:

> Yes.  FC1 was an improvement over RH9, but FC2 was a disappointment.  So
> rather than go back to RH9, just drop back to FC1.  I wonder if that is
> possible??

Hm, 2.6 kernel, 2.6 GNOME, better support for my ThinkPad... things
look great from where I'm standing!

But "downgrading" shouldn't be much of an issue... just re-install.
The trick is to put your modifiable/modified directories on different
partitions (I always put /home and /usr/local on separate drives --
makes  re-installing or upgrading a snap).  I point /var/www and
/var/lib/mysql to locations on /home and keep a backup of my /etc
directory so I can refer back to it for setup things.

--
Ben Steeves
            ben.steeves at gmail.com
            GPG ID: 0xB3EBF1D9