forcing http to go to https

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jun 25 00:39:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 15:23, Steven Stern wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 19:11:04 +0200, David Jansen <jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl>
> wrote:
>
> >I think the previous replies already answered your question. I just
> >wanted to point out an alternative:
> >create a index.php in the http web root containing just one line:
> ><?php header("Location: https:webmail.mydomain.com/"); ?>
> >
> >(but I think the rewrite-method is cleaner, if you get it to work).
> >
> >David Jansen
>
> I need to protect against coming in via another path:
>
>    http://www.mydomain.com/horde
>
> as horde is a directory under the server root.
-----
directory must exist (or at least be a symbolic link that works)
change ip/port as necessary

Can be put into any host directive (inside /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf)
something like this...

<VirtualHost 192.168.100.8:80>

DocumentRoot /var/www/html/

        ServerAdmin craig at mydomain.com
        ServerName www.mydomain.com

        ServerSignature email

        DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm index.shtml

        TransferLog logs/access_log_adv
        ErrorLog logs/error_log_adv

        Redirect /mail https://www.mydomain.com/horde

</VirtualHost>