CD problems

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Fri Jun 25 01:53:09 UTC 2004

A friend of mine made a mistake creating two CDs and asked if I can
help.  Maybe someone on this list has some ideas.

He made 2 CDs but somehow did not close out the session when he
completed.  Now he cannot access the data on the disk. Yes, I can see
that the disk was written, and that the closing tracks were not written.

When I insert the CD in my burner it tells me the disk is empty.
I can use either xcdroast or k3b but neither is able to see the
contents.  AFAICT the disk was not written as a multi-session, but I am
not sure of that.

What I want to do is be able to close out the session and hopefully
access the data which is very important. (tax records, etc)

Trying to use dd to get the data from the cd does not work.  It creates
an empty file.

Any useful ideas????

Jeff