FC2 Gnome 2.6 + (right-click) Disk Mounter Gone?

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jun 24 07:51:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 01:30, Philippe wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-24 at 23:44, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > 	on Gnome 2.4, There used to be a way to mount disks like ->
> > cdrom/usb/etc when you use the right-click on the desktop.
> >
> > 	->Disks       <-------- Where's This in FC2 Gnome 2.6??
>
> Hi,
>
> Yep, I noticed it already but I now really prefer to use the
> disk-mounter applet in the panel. On clik -> mount, 1 click->umount.
>
> Add to panel / Utility / Disk-mounter. go to preferences to customize
> it. You can even choose your icon.

That takes up too much precious space on my 1400x1050 screen. :)
The old method, I find to be much_much easier and lesser steps too.

Well, right now, I think I have to settle with the My_Computer thing. But at least
I've got mine to work with gdesklets starterbar display

nautilus --no-browser computer:///

That works as a shortcut, I don't like the My-computer icon cluttering up my desktop.

I'm still grumpy. Why must Gnome emulate Windows with the My_computer?

If anyone knows how to hack this.. let me know..