how to access SD card via lexarmedia multi-card reader?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 25 18:12:55 UTC 2004

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, HaJo Schatz wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 01:32, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>

>> i'd try this with my CF card, but i don't have it handy.  anyone else
>> have one of these and know the incantation?  thanks.
>
> With which you say that the reader can read both SD and CF cards, Ie
> being a multi-card reader? Your kernel currently only detects one of the
> slots. You might want to enable multi-lun support for the kernel if
> there's more slots to be detected.

ah, an excellent point.  what i'm playing with is described at the top
of the page at:

http://www.card-media.co.uk/Combo+Readers.htm

and, although it recognizes 8 different kinds of cards, there's only
three (multi-use) physical slots, but it makes perfect sense that one
would need multi-lun support to handle three cards at once -- i just
never figured on doing that.

> Otherwise, consider a "fdisk /dev/hda"

no ... that would be my main hard drive on this laptop.  let's not go
there. :-)

rday