FC2 Boot DVD/CD reboots my system

Haig Bedrossian haigb at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 27 12:04:41 UTC 2004

Hiya everybody --

I want to update my system to FC2 from FC1, but even though I downloaded
the proper DVD AND CD ISOs and burned them properly, whenever I press
ENTER during FC2 boot option (the first dialogue of the install), or try
any of the options, the system reboots.  To be completely accurate, this
occurs immediately after the 'ready' message after the vmimage loads
(the second thing to load right after you hit ENTER).

The media checks out just fine on both DVD and CD.

My system is quite current:  ASUS P4P800 DLX; P4 2.6 HT; 3 Ultra ATA
HDs; LG DVD+/-RW drive; and lots of DDR RAM.

I have no problems installing FC2 from the same media on my laptop.  Can
anybody please help?

Thanks!

Haig