[FC2] Mplayer and codec's

Murali Parth muralinux48 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 12:32:34 UTC 2004

> Mark Guzzo wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > Does anyone know where mplayer from FRESHRPMS has
> it's codec's ?
> > I've have one I would like to try but am at a lost
> as to where to put
> > it. I've tried "/usr/local/lib/codec" but that did
> not work.
> >
> > Also, does anyone have a list as to what files the
> default install of
> > Mplayer from Freshrpms will play?
> Greg Gulik
Hello Greg Gulik
I see a list of "*.so" files under
/usr/lib/mplayer/vidix which I believe are the codecs.
Further, I do not have an exhaustive list I play .mp3,
MPEG video, and .avi files.You may try playing .wmv
files(Windows Media Format) from the same directory as
you have win32 codecs, it works.Do give yr feedback.
Murali