Erratic Mouse after upgrade of kernel on FC2

Eric Diamond eric at ediamond.net
Sun Jun 27 16:15:30 UTC 2004

Sunday, June 27, 2004 8:57 AM Scot L. Harris forwarded along:

> On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 08:48, Rob Cartier wrote:
> > That worked .. but I am not running a kvm on this
> > box just a logitech trackman marble
> >

> I hope you don't mind but I posted your reply to me on the
> mailing list so the information can be captured and hopefully
> used by others.
>

> Glad that worked.  It is interesting that you had this
> problem without using a kvm.  I believe up to now all the
> reports of this type of problem involved a kvm switch.
>
> There was another patch posted in the last week for these
> types of problems.  A test patch for the mouse code in the
> kernel.  If you have any other problems you may want to try that.
>
> Also it would be good to know what type of motherboard you
> are using.

One quick question for Rob: How long has it been since you changed the
batteries in your trackman? I have seen eratic behavior like this with
this and other wireless pointing devices without a KVM when the
batteries are low.

Another possibility, though it may not apply to your situation, is
multiple wireless keyboard/mouse trancievers in close proximity.

Eric Diamond
eDiamond Networking & Security
eric<at>ediamond[dot]net