Rhythmbox: "Could not start pipeline playing"

Andrea Giuliano a.giuliano at iccu.sbn.it
Mon Jun 28 09:29:00 UTC 2004

There was a similar thread some weeks ago ("rhythmbox, cannot pause
playback"), slightly different, but the results look the same.

Briefly: start "gstreamer-properties" on a command line or from the menù
item "Prefs/More Prefs/Multimedia System Selector", and play with the
"default audio sink".

This should be "alsasink" by default, but it doesn't work for me, so I
turned to "esd" and it works fine!

Clearly, it could not be the same solution for you, but it's very
straightforward to test, so it's worth try.

Hope it helps...

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico