crontab or crond

bryan at redfedora.co.uk bryan at redfedora.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 18:55:15 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Cristiano Soares
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 7:22 PM
Subject: crontab or crond

Hi all. im having some problems trying to use crontab or cron.d. I want to
run a shell script-1 from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm, and then run the shell
script-2 from 11:01pm to 6:59 pm. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks a
lot.

Cristiano.

Hi Cristiano

You didn't specify how many times you wanted it to run during those times.
If you let me know I'll bash out a crontab for you no worries!

One of the other things you might want to think about is whether you need it
logged or not. My email crontab runs every 5 minutes and does get logged so
that I can track down problems, you might not want it to, however I find it
handy for nailing transcient problems or users  trying to jam 10MB through.

So let me know how often and I'll send it across to you.

Bry