Compliments

Ted Kaczmarek fedora at linsolutions.com
Tue Jun 29 03:24:50 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 09:36 -0400, Aaron Bennett wrote:
> Chadley Wilson wrote:
>

> > I was really peed off with the 4k stack issue, I have to tell my bosses
> > and customer fedora doesn't support 3D, (It doesn't)
> > As soon as it is fixed that will all change.
> >
> That's not accurate.  Fedora supports 3D, just not Nvidia's proprietary,
> closed-source implementation of 3D support for their driver.  Please
> don't tell your boss that Fedora doesn't support 3D.  Instead, suggest
> to your boss that it might be wise to consider not purchasing video
> hardware from NVIDIA, who refuses to release the specifications of their
> cards so that it is possible for someone to write a true open-source,
> non-broken version of the nv driver which contains 3D support.
>

> --
> Aaron Bennett
> UNIX Administrator
> Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering

3D works great for me on my laptop with the ATI chipset. I heard quite
some time ago that ATI does provides some type of NDA materials to the X
guys, maybe we can get an update from the man with the fancy window
stick. Mharris comments please :-)

Also for the list a link to the window stick would be appropriate, hehe.

Ted