X freeze with kernels 2.6.6-X (solved)

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Tue Jun 29 05:53:13 UTC 2004

I have to confirm, this belongs also to some ix86 architectures with 2.6.6-1.435-Kernel, as i have the same effect. X
always blocks almost while presenting the splash-screen and perhaps while loading the first user-script (the panel).
As this freezes my system completely (can't even power off, have to remove batteries and power cord...) i have also
nothing in dmesg or /var/log/messages.

i've killed almost all daemons on startup (winbind, ntp, rhnsd, kudzu) that are not that necessary...not aide at all.

at least, i remember initiating some system-sounds and a server for this, but i am not sure, whether it could belong
to this. i'll test it out...

If anybody has any further idea, just let me know either :-)

btw. this happens to me also on the 2.6.5-Kernel

Heeeeelp
Roger