Yum/up2date/apt-get problem

Tue Jun 29 17:00:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 08:47 -0700, Alberto M R Davila wrote:
> [root at server2 download]# yum update
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
> retrygrab() failed for:
>
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/headers/header.info
>   Executing failover method
> failover: out of servers to try
> Error getting file
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1/i386/os/headers/header.info
> [Errno 7] HTTP Error (CannotSendRequest):
>
> Curiously I also cannot use apt-get or synaptic, looks like cannot
> connect
> to any RPM repositories at all... From others machines, I can acces my
> webpages in the apache server of that machine, and also connect to the
> local network, but not outside.. any tips to solve this ?

Not enough information provided to clearly see if you may have a
networking/routing problem.  In any case, configure /etc/yum.conf and/
or /etc/apt/sources.list for a mirror near you from the list at
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

The redhat site is very busy and often times out.

Phil