upgrade to fc2

Ivo Tzvetkov itzvet2 at sus.mcgill.ca
Tue Jun 29 18:24:20 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have a server with an Adaptec AIC-7880U SCSI controller running FC1
and I'd like to upgrade it to FC2, but the aic7xxx driver is broken on
the install/boot discs (hangs on load, apparently it's a known problem
but I haven't been able to find a working solution).

Anyway, I figured I could apt upgrade it (as in debian), but some people
on the web seem to suggest that that might not work so well with Fedora
(or that there are extra steps to take to get it to work), so I was
wondering whether anyone has tried to do this or has info on whether or
not a simple dist-upgrade would work?

Thanks,
 -Ivo